Tuesday 12 March 2013

Halo 5; What I'd Like To See

So, with Halo 4 being like 4 months old, I think it's about time we start thinking what we'd like to see in the next installment from 343 Industries. I decided to think it over, and this is what I came up with..


Don't bring Cortana back.


Don't get me wrong, I loved the relationship between Cortana and the Chief, but she's gone, and I'd really like to see how the Chief deals with it. I'd love to see a bit more of the Chief's emotional side, and how her death affects his behavior when it comes to war. I think it would be nice to see him become a bit more reckless. I mean, he's always had Cortana there, in his head, guiding him and drawing his attention to things. I don't know, I guess I want her death to break him a bit, just to see how he handles it.

Maybe even give him a new AI to work with. I loved Serena in Halo Wars, granted I didn't get far in it, but something like that may mix things up a bit.


Bring back Firefight.


I'm not a hardcore firefight-er.. but it was a great thing to be able to just jump on, slaughter some covenant and jump off. Though, I'd love it if you could also play as the Covenant. I mean, we can as Elites, but playing from the simple cannon fodder, Grunts, all the way up to the tankish Hunters. That would be some great Firefight.

Assuming this will be released on the next gen Xbox, I can envision some spectacular things from a new Firefight.


Keep improving Forge mode.


Forge mode has gotten pretty amazing as of late. I mean some of the things the community create are just beautiful. One thing that is a must, we need a big space to build in. Bungie delivered on that in Reach with Forge World, so why didn't 343 follow suit? The hardcore Forge fans need a wide open space to let their imagination and talent run wild. Deliver on this, and the Forge community will thrive.

Also, if this is delivered on, I'd like to see 343 use their own Forge tools to create some official maps. Some of the best maps in Reach were the one's Bungie made with Forge.


More Forerunner tech.



We've got new weapons, new grenades, new enemies, now I'd like to see some kind of Forerunner vehicle for the Chief to commandeer. Though not likely, because they seem to prefer giant floating orbs, it would still be sweet.


Give the Covenant a better role.


I felt like the Covenant were very washed out in Halo 4. It seemed like they were there, but only because it was a Halo game, and they had to be there. I'd like to see a substantial reason for them being around. This could be a nice way to bring the Arbiter back into the fold. I mean, The Arbiter and the Chief's alliance pretty much saved Earth, and now he's just vanished. Feels a bit sudden to me. Anyways.


That's my wishlist for the next Halo game, let's home 343 top Halo 4 with an even greater game. The chances that it will release on the next gen Xbox are pretty high, so I'm sure they'll deliver on their promise.

Agree? Disagree? What would you like to see in the next Halo game?

No comments:

Post a Comment