Thursday 14 March 2013

Can we look forward to a new Road Rash?


Remember those games that were awesome, went extinct, and you thought they'd never surface again? Well, it's happening. The creator of Road Rash is keen to reboot the franchise.

On a post asking why there's hasn't been a word about Road Rash lately, Dan Geisler replied saying he needed a break from Road Rash, but after all this time, he wants to bring it back.
"Road Rash hasn't resurfaced because I was burned out after Road Rash 3, but I'm ready to do another one now. I just needed 20 years off. I'm ready to make a better one now. I miss playing it too."
"If there is enough interest, Ill do a Kickstarter on it."
Road Rash with modern systems, engines and graphics would be absolutely amazing. I mean, probably rated R, but still amazing.

He didn't mention anything about the legal battles that would come about, should he choose to try to start it again. The franchise is owned by EA, so he'd need to co-ordinate with them if we could ever see this again.
"I will need to talk with EA to get the rights. But I don't think they have a lock on motorcycle combat any more."
That said, I'm keen to get back into hitting bikers with chains, baseball bats, tasing them and giving them a face full of asphalt. Does that make me a bad person?

The satisfaction I got when these things happened was just incredible.

No comments:

Post a Comment